Welcome to the Regions Hospital Trauma Centers Website!
In July 2009 Regions Hospital, partnering with Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, received certification as the first Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in the Upper Midwest from the American College of Surgeons.
- Regions Hospital, in partnership with Gillette Children’s Hospital, is the first Level I Pediatric Trauma Center certified by the American College of Surgeons in Minnesota.
- Regions is one of only a few community hospital-based Pediatric Trauma Center in the country.
- As a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, it has a specially trained team of healthcare providers, available 24/7 for critically injured children, especially for moderate to severe trauma cases.
- The time between sustaining an injury and receiving definitive care is the most important predictor of survival—the “golden hour.” Regions Level I pediatric certification assures that young patients will have faster access to all of the specialized trauma care they might need in one hospital.
- Trauma activation criteria
- Chest tube protocol (adult) – v3 (7/18/19)
- Chest tube protocol (pediatric) – v3 (7/18/19)
- Management of TBI in anticoagulated patients – v5.1 (2/3/20)
- Colonic pseudo-obstruction protocol – v6 (5/28/19)
- Subarachnoid / IPH / Skull fracture protocol – v4.1 (2/3/20)
- Adult blunt trauma imaging protocol – v3.2 (2/4/20)
- Pediatric blunt trauma imaging protocol – v1.1 (1/15/20)
- Cervical spine clearance – v2.1 (1/7/19)
- DVT prophylaxis – v3.2 (2/11/20)
- Solid organ injury management (adult) – v5.0 (4/11/19)
- Solid organ injury management (pediatric) – (v4.0 5/7/19)